Wednesday, February 22, 2017

02-17


02-17; Watercolor, 14" X 17"

Welcome to my "art gallery blog." I'm a systemic painter currently residing in Rockville, Maryland.

   The title of each painting records the month and year of its creation.  This is because I view my paintings as "documentations of context" which capture something essential about the period in which I painted them. I consider myself a "systemic" painter, because each painting is created in conformance to a system of rules devised during the month that it was created. As artist and seller, I am merely a manifestation of contextual factors. As such, I am only incidentally relevant to a painting's creation, and I become supremely irrelevant to the painting after it is sold. Consequently, I do not reveal the rules which are executed during creation, nor do I critique the work after it has entered the phase of audience absorption.


    I've uploaded these paintings in reverse chronological order, so each new painting will update the blog with a new first page.
 
    If you'd like to see a larger image of a painting, simply click on the image itself. To return to the previous page, simply click on the Escape (Esc) key. Please note that there are over a hundred images of paintings on this blog, and earlier ones may be accessed via the blog archive at top right, or by clicking on "Older Posts"  at the bottom of each page.


    Each painting is priced at U.S. $5,000.00, which includes delivery by  insured mail (U.S. only) or registered mail (for addressees outside of the U.S.). The price does not include framing, and paintings will be sent unframed unless prior arrangements are made. Inquiries and offers from collectors, dealers, and agents are encouraged. My current E-Mail address is stampex1@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment